High School Announcements for the
Week of May 18, 2015
Monday, May 18
- Brighten up your garden and support the Shrine Mothers Club at the same time. This fundraiser at Tellys Greenhouse runs through June 30th at all three of Telly’s locations. Shrine Mothers Club will receive 10% of all purchases. Click HERE for the required coupon.
Tuesday May 19
- Class Mass for 10th grade students, Chapel, 1:00pm
- Schoolbelles Uniforms will be in the Library today from 3:00-5:00 for uniform measuring or ordering.
- Senior Ball- Roostertail 7pm
- Boys Basketball meeting, Field House 7:30pm
- Sign up to Host a Student from Guatemala. This is a 2 month program for Shrine families for 2015 from October 15 to December 15. Great students and a good exchange program. Informational meeting May 20 6:30 in the Library.
- Next school year, in 2016, there will be a 7 day trip to Costa Rica with the Worldstrides Company during Spring Break. In June 2016, after school is out, there will be a 9 day trip to China. These trips are open to all Shrine students and their parents. If you would like more information about either of these amazing cultural and linguistic opportunities, please come to a meeting on May 20th at 7 p.m. in the Library to meet with the Worldstrides representative. He will talk about the trip and the cost and scholarships. Bring your questions!
- Class of 2015 Honors Convocation, Sanders Auditorium 9:00am
- Baccalaureate Mass & Graduation Ceremony, National Shrine of the Little Flower Basilica, 7:00pm
Friday, May 22
- No School
Monday, May 25- No School
Tuesday, May 26- NHS Cedar Point Trip
MOTHERS’ CLUB end-of year dinner will be held at Red Run Golf Club on Wednesday, June 3. Guests can arrive @ 6:30, Dinner will be from 7-9pm. Cost is $15. Contact Dianne Dagher email@example.com or Betsy Sinutko firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment can be dropped off at the high school or academy offices.
Students that need a replacement ID card should stop in the main office. ID cards can be prepayed online with check or credit card or you can leave a check in the high school office(made out to TRU FOODS) which will be added to the students lunch account. Checks dropped off at 8am will be loaded to the account in time for lunch that day. Thank you for helping us to make the line move more quickly and efficient.
In order to use the online payment system,PayForIt. parents will need their child’s unique student ID number. Parents should have received an email with directions on how to use the online payment along with their son or daughter’s unique ID. If you need any assistance in setting up your account, you can email Mrs. Sawyer at email@example.com.
Friday, February 13- Mrs. Bernadette Sugrue, Principal of Shrine Catholic High School & Academy, announces her retirement. Click HERE for her announcment.
Courtesy Driving School Classes
Segment 2 classes will begin in April. click HERE for dates and registration information. Or you can contact Courtesy Driving School at 800-256-9559 to register for a class.
ATTENDANCE CALLS- Please note that we have made a change. ALL attendance calls should go to Mrs. Gleeson, our new Administrative Assistant. When calling into school, Press 1 to leave a message on the Attendance line. Please leave your son/daughter’s name, grade level and reason for absence.
Shrine Mother’s Club
- Royal Oak Shrine Mothers Club Fundraiser at Tellys Greenhouse through June 30th at all three of their locations. Shrine Mothers Club will receive 10% of all purchases. Click HERE for the required coupon.
- February 2015 Newsletter
- Here’s a link to sign up for this and other Mother’s Club activities where you can volunteer to help out. Mothers Club Volunteer Sign Up
NEW- Basic Calendar for 2015-2016
- August 25th - First day of classes for students (Half day)
- August 26th - Full day of classes for students
- August 25th - First day of classes for students (Half day)
- August 26th - Full day of classes for student
- September 4th & Sept 7th – off (Labor day)
- September 8th – Classes resume
- November 25th – 29th – Thanksgiving
- December 19th – January 3rd – Christmas Vacation
- January 4th – Classes resume
- January 13th, 14th, 15th – Mid Terms/ 1st Semester Finals
- February 19th – 22nd – Winter break
- March 24th – April 3rd - Easter Break
- May 26th - High School Graduation
- May 27th & 30th – off (Memorial day)
- June 6th – Eighth Grade Graduation
- June 8th, 9th, 10th - Finals
Click here for a link to MBS Direct. For those students taking the new courses of Finance, Accounting or Marketing, the booklists have been updated. Check on the page “For High School Students” for the updated list.
We’ve heard from some of you looking for or wanting to sell textbooks. A Google document has been created that allows you to sell or browse for books. The school will have no part in collecting or distributing money or books, but wanted to provide a space for people to find additional resources for books. The link is also posted on the website on the FOR THE PARENTS and FOR THE STUDENTS LINKS.
***** Please remember that all students are required to have a current physical on file for the 2014-2015 school year. The physical must be dated after April 15, 2014 to be current for the 2014-2015 school year. Also, new students must fill out a concussion awareness form that the school is required to keep on file until the student is 25 years old.
High School students will have a new uniform option for the 2014-2015 school year. The navy blue shirts are made of a soft polyester microfiber fabric that wicks moisture away, keeping our students comfortable and dry. They are also treated with an anti-microbial that will inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria. The shirts maybe ordered online at Schoolbelles.com or at their retail location on 12 Mile & Southfield Rd,Southfield. The light blue cotton polo shirt continues as a uniform option and will also be offered in the new microfiber fabric.The new shirts are $32 at Schoolbelles.
- Hollywood Market – Apples for the Students Rewards Program
NO CARD NECESSARY . . Families, friends and supporters simply tell the checkout cashier the name of the school they would like to support and their points are electronically credited to your school.
- Target – Take Charge of Education-This is linked to your Target Red Card or Target VISA Card. How do I designate a school? Visit www.target.com/tcoe and enter your school name or school ID to view and designate your current school.
- Office Depot - 5% Back to Schools Program. Give our school ID# every time you shop at Office Depot, www.officedepot.com and 1-800-GO-DEPOT ShrineAcademy #70052302 and ShrineHigh School #70052296