High School Announcements for the
Week of January 26, 2015
Here’s what’s happening this week at Shrine Catholic High School
Catholic Schools Week, January 25-31, 2015
Monday, January 26
- Monday, Jan. 26 – Friday, Feb. 13 – Pennies for Pizza Shrine of the Little Flower was established by the humble offerings of people throughout the country and the world. In the spirit of our history, students are encouraged to participate in a parish-wide, parish-sponsored penny drive. The grade that brings in the most pennies (by weight) will win a pizza party. Jugs for the pennies will be available in the cafeteria during both lunches.
- LUNCH CHANGE FOR TODAY- Today’s lunch offering will be Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce and garlic bread; Bacon, Mac & cheese
- Cafeteria update: ID replacement cards are available in the high school office. ID cards can be pre-loaded online with check or credit card or you can leave a check in the high school office(made out to TRU FOODS) which will be added to the students lunch account. Checks dropped off at 8am will be loaded to the account in time for lunch that day. Thank you for helping us to make the line move more quickly and efficiently.
Tuesday, January 27
- Comfy Cozy day - the guidelines are -“Students may dress in comfortable pajama wear including: sweats, sweatshirts, flannel pants, slippers. It doesn’t include ripped, or inappropriate clothing by type or logo. No leggings or yoga pants are allowed. You will be sent home if the outfit is inappropriate.”
- Pep Rally this afternoon
- All School Catholic Schools Week Mass at 1:00pm in Sanders Auditorium. Students should wear their Mass uniform today.
Thursday, January 29
- Teacher Appreciation Day today
- High School SLEC officers will attend the Catholic Schools Week Mass celebration at Blessed Sacrament Cathedral this morning.
Friday, January 30
- Catholic Schools Week celebration concludes today with a pep rally and a faculty/student volleyball game
Saturday, January 31-
- Sadie Hawkins Dance-8-11pm in the Student Center. Tickets are available at the door
Wednesday, February 4- Junior Parent Meeting
Friday- February 6- No School
MOTHERS’ CLUB FASHION SHOW NEWS
Save the Date! Tuesday- March 24th
Calling all Shrine Moms who would like to join in on the celebration for honoring your Senior Shrine Moms. Be a part of the 35th annual Shrine High School fashion show-Tuesday March 24th at 6:00 p.m in Sanders Auditorium. Moms, If you would like to donate a bottle of wine for our fashion show bar, that would be greatly appreciated.
Shrine Schools Auction News
RUN A FAMILY AD IN AUCTION PROGRAM
Dear Shrine Parent,
We are excited to continue “moving forward” with planning the 17th Annual Shrine Auction taking place on Saturday, March 7th, 2015. The event is poised to be a “Knight to Remember” with a strolling dinner, hundreds of silent and live auction items, and an extremely talented band to end the evening’s festivities.
This year, we are creating a full-color program that will list the items up for bid, but also serve as a valuable business resource with company ads and contact information. This year, we will also include “family ads” and encourage you to consider being included as an easy and fun way to support the auction. All we need from you is a picture and a brief message (if you so choose) to start the process. (You can use a family picture, one of just your Shrine kids, or send a message to your graduate – totally up to you!)
We can format the message once we receive the photo, ad size and verbiage. Please email your picture and message to:email@example.com and send payment to:
National Shrine of the Little Flower, Advancement Office
2100 W. 12 Mile Road,, Royal Oak, MI 48073
Attention: 2015 Auction Family Ad
CLICK HEREfor rates and a sample advertisement
Lacrosse Team Euchre Fundraiser- Saturday, March 21 Click HERE for more information.
Courtesy Driving School Classes
Contact Courtesy Driving School at 800-256-9559 to register for a class.
ATTENDANCE CALLS- Please note that we have made a change. ALL attendance calls should go to Mrs. Gleeson, our new Administrative Assistant. When calling into school, Press 1 to leave a message on the Attendance line. Please leave your son/daughter’s name, grade level and reason for absence.
Shrine Cafe update… Help make our lunch lines go more quickly by pre-loading funds onto your son/daughter’s account.Students may continue to pay with cash. Checks made payable to TRU FOODS are also acceptable. In order to use the online payment system,PayForIt. parents will need their child’s unique student ID number. Parents should have received an email with directions on how to use the online payment along with their son or daughter’s unique ID. If you need any assistance in setting up your account, you can email Mrs. Sawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shrine Mother’s Club
- November/December Newsletter
- Here’s a link to sign up for this and other Mother’s Club activities where you can volunteer to help out. Mothers Club Volunteer Sign Up
Click here for a link to MBS Direct. For those students taking the new courses of Finance, Accounting or Marketing, the booklists have been updated. Check on the page “For High School Students” for the updated list.
We’ve heard from some of you looking for or wanting to sell textbooks. A Google document has been created that allows you to sell or browse for books. The school will have no part in collecting or distributing money or books, but wanted to provide a space for people to find additional resources for books. The link is also posted on the website on the FOR THE PARENTS and FOR THE STUDENTS LINKS.
***** Please remember that all students are required to have a current physical on file for the 2014-2015 school year. The physical must be dated after April 15, 2014 to be current for the 2014-2015 school year. Also, new students must fill out a concussion awareness form that the school is required to keep on file until the student is 25 years old.
High School students will have a new uniform option for the 2014-2015 school year. The navy blue shirts are made of a soft polyester microfiber fabric that wicks moisture away, keeping our students comfortable and dry. They are also treated with an anti-microbial that will inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria. The shirts maybe ordered online at Schoolbelles.com or at their retail location on 12 Mile & Southfield Rd,Southfield. The light blue cotton polo shirt continues as a uniform option and will also be offered in the new microfiber fabric.The new shirts are $32 at Schoolbelles.
Basic Calendar 2014-15
Shrine High School & Academy
- August 27th - First day of classes for students (Half day)
- August 28th - Full day of classes for students
- September 2nd – Classes resume
- November 26th – 30th – Thanksgiving
- December 20th – January 4th – Christmas Vacation
- January 5th – Classes resume
- January 14th, 15th, 16th – Mid Terms/ 1st Semester Finals
- February 20th – 23rd – Winter break
- April 2-12 – Easter Break
- June 8th, 9th, 10th – Finals
- Hollywood Market – Apples for the Students Rewards Program
NO CARD NECESSARY . . Families, friends and supporters simply tell the checkout cashier the name of the school they would like to support and their points are electronically credited to your school.
- Target – Take Charge of Education-This is linked to your Target Red Card or Target VISA Card. How do I designate a school? Visit www.target.com/tcoe and enter your school name or school ID to view and designate your current school.
- Office Depot - 5% Back to Schools Program. Give our school ID# every time you shop at Office Depot, www.officedepot.com and 1-800-GO-DEPOT ShrineAcademy #70052302 and ShrineHigh School #70052296