High School Announcements for the
Week of November 17, 2014
ANNOUNCEMENT: Mr. James Mio ’96 has been chosen to be Shrine Catholic High School’s new Assistant Principal. Congratulations Mr. Mio. Click on the following link for a letter from Mrs. Sugrue Announcement of Shrine Catholic High School’s New Assistant Principal
ATTENDANCE CALLS- Please note that we have made a change. ALL attendance calls should go to Mrs. Gleeson, our new Administrative Assistant. When calling into school, Press 1 to leave a message on the Attendance line. Please leave your son/daughter’s name, grade level and reason for absence.
Come Home to Shrine Raffle Update:
Monday, November 17
- Boys Basketball tryouts today- Freshman 3:30-5:00pm, JV & Varsity 6:30-8pm, Field House
- The AKP (Senior All Knight Party) committee is kicking off their Savory Foods sale this week. This includes cookie dough, various caramel corns, lava cakes, and chocolate covered pretzels. Information packets will be distributed to students during religion classes. Parents check with your child or in their backpacks to retrieve these as many things get lost on the way.
- Orders are being taken now for Shrine Catholic sweatshirts. They are navy blue and embroidered in gold. The cost per sweatshirt is $25. The next order deadline is November 20th. Click on the following link for an order form and more details.Sweatshirt Order Form
Wednesday, November 19
- Mothers’ Club Weekly Rosary, 2:30pm, Shrine High School Chapel
Thursday, November 20
- Mothers’ Club meeting 7:30pm., Student Center
- Shrine High School Dads’ Club Annual Christmas Tree SALE begins Friday, November 28, 2014. 1,500 Trees arrive on Friday, November 21 and Saturday, November 22. Sign up to help today! Christmas Tree sign up document
Friday, November 21
- Aschatz Pie delivery after school today.
Shrine High School- Fall Play PLAY ON!
Friday, November 21 Dinner Theater Performance $20 for dinner & the show 7:00pm Dinner, 8:00pm, Performance. Tickets for the Dinner Theater are by advance reservation only. Tickets for Performance only are $5.00
Saturday, November 22 Performance at 7:00pm Tickets are $5.00
Tickets may be purchased at the door or in advance by calling the school office at 248-549-2925. Click on the link for more information Play On! at Shrine High School
Click HERE for a link to the login page to add funds to your son/daughter’s school lunch account.
Courtesy Driving School Classes
Segment 1: begins December st-19th- weekdays, 3:10-5:10pm
Segment II: begins December 5th, 10th, 12th, 3:10-5:10pm.
Contact Courtesy Driving School at 800-256-9559 to register for a class.
Sunday, December 14- Red Cross Blood Drive at Shrine Grade School, 8:00am to 2:00pm. Register at redcrossblood.org or contact Mrs. Gmeiner at Shrine Grade School.
The Shrine High School & Academy Mothers’ Club is once again sponsoring their Poinsettia Sale for both business and personal orders. click on the following link for an order form and more information. Poinsettia Order Form-2014
Shrine Cafe update…Many have been asking about how to apply money to your child’s ID card for purchases in the cafe. Students may continue to pay with cash. Checks made payable to TRU FOODS are also acceptable. In order to use the online payment system,PayForIt. parents will need their child’s unique student ID number. Parents should have received an email with directions on how to use the online payment along with their son or daughter’s unique ID. If you need any assistance in setting up your account, you can email Mrs. Sawyer at email@example.com.
Shrine Mother’s Club
- November/December Newsletter
- Here’s a link to sign up for this and other Mother’s Club activities where you can volunteer to help out. Mothers Club Volunteer Sign Up
- The Shrine High School & Academy Mothers’ Club is once again sponsoring their Poinsettia Sale for both business and personal orders. Click on the following link for an order form and more information. Poinsettia Order Form-2014
Click here for a link to MBS Direct. For those students taking the new courses of Finance, Accounting or Marketing, the booklists have been updated. Check on the page “For High School Students” for the updated list.
We’ve heard from some of you looking for or wanting to sell textbooks. A Google document has been created that allows you to sell or browse for books. The school will have no part in collecting or distributing money or books, but wanted to provide a space for people to find additional resources for books. The link is also posted on the website on the FOR THE PARENTS and FOR THE STUDENTS LINKS.
***** Please remember that all students are required to have a current physical on file for the 2014-2015 school year. The physical must be dated after April 15, 2014 to be current for the 2014-2015 school year. Also, new students must fill out a concussion awareness form that the school is required to keep on file until the student is 25 years old.
High School students will have a new uniform option for the 2014-2015 school year. The navy blue shirts are made of a soft polyester microfiber fabric that wicks moisture away, keeping our students comfortable and dry. They are also treated with an anti-microbial that will inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria. The shirts maybe ordered online at Schoolbelles.com or at their retail location on 12 Mile & Southfield Rd,Southfield. The light blue cotton polo shirt continues as a uniform option and will also be offered in the new microfiber fabric.The new shirts are $32 at Schoolbelles.
Basic Calendar 2014-15
Shrine High School & Academy
- August 27th - First day of classes for students (Half day)
- August 28th - Full day of classes for students
- September 2nd – Classes resume
- November 26th – 30th – Thanksgiving
- December 20th – January 4th – Christmas Vacation
- January 5th – Classes resume
- January 14th, 15th, 16th – Mid Terms/ 1st Semester Finals
- February 20th – 23rd – Winter break
- April 2-12 – Easter Break
- June 8th, 9th, 10th – Finals
- Hollywood Market – Apples for the Students Rewards Program
NO CARD NECESSARY . . Families, friends and supporters simply tell the checkout cashier the name of the school they would like to support and their points are electronically credited to your school.
- Target – Take Charge of Education-This is linked to your Target Red Card or Target VISA Card. How do I designate a school? Visit www.target.com/tcoe and enter your school name or school ID to view and designate your current school.
- Office Depot - 5% Back to Schools Program. Give our school ID# every time you shop at Office Depot, www.officedepot.com and 1-800-GO-DEPOT ShrineAcademy #70052302 and ShrineHigh School #70052296