High School Announcements for the
Week of June 9, 2014
Congratulations to the Shrine Catholic High School Class of 2014!!
Monday, June 9
- The cafeteria is no longer serving hot lunch for the remainder of the school year. Students should bring a sack lunch.
Tuesday, June 10- Final Exams today
Math from 9:10-10:10
Health from 10:20-11:20
Wednesday, June 11- Final Exams today
Social Studies 8-9Science 9:10-10:10Make-ups 10:20-11:20
Thursday, June 12- Final Exams today
Religion 8-9amForeign Language from 9:10-10:10Make-ups from 10:20-11:20
- TEXTBOOK BUY BACK DAYS – After Exams on Wednesday, June 11 from Noon -3pm and Thursday, June 12 from Noon – 3pm in the Student Center
DIRECTIONS FOR TEXTBOOK BUYBACK
- Log into the School’s Official Bookstore CLICK HERE
- Set up an account by entering your name & email address
- enter the ISBN numbers of the textbooks you would like to sell. Remember, you can sell ANY textbooks you may have at home.
- MBS will issue you a quote for the price they will pay you for the textbook THAT IS IN GOOD CONDITION. Books with broken spines, no covers, excessive highlighting may not be acceptable.
- Bring your textbooks and 2 copies of the quote to the Book Buy Back in the Student Center on Thursday, June 13.
- Then, sit back and wait to receive your check.
- If you have any questions, you can contact Mrs. Sawyer at email@example.com.
Friday, June 13
- No school for students- Teacher Records Day
High School students will have a new uniform option for next school year. The navy blue shirts are made of a soft polyester microfiber fabric that wicks moisture away, keeping our students comfortable and dry. They are also treated with an anti-microbial that will inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria. The shirts maybe ordered online at schoolbelles.com or at their retail location on 12 Mile & Southfield Rd,Southfield. The light blue cotton polo shirt continues as a uniform option and will also be offered in the new microfiber fabric.The new shirts are $32 at Schoolbelles.
Basic Calendar 2014-15
Shrine High School & Academy
- August 27th - First day of classes for students (Half day)
- August 28th - Full day of classes for students
- September 2nd – Classes resume
- November 26th – 30th – Thanksgiving
- December 20th – January 4th – Christmas Vacation
- January 5th – Classes resume
- January 14th, 15th, 16th – Mid Terms/ 1st Semester Finals
- February 20th – 23rd – Winter break
- April 2-12 – Easter Break
- June 8th, 9th, 10th – Finals
Beaumont Health Services Babysitting Class 2014 – Certified Sitter
- Ages: 10 and older
- Instruction: Six (6) hours over two (2) evenings
- Location: Safety City U.S.A., Northwood Shopping Center, 13 Mile Road and Woodward Ave., Royal Oak
- Class time: 4 – 7 p.m.
- Class fee: $45
- · The business of babysitting
- · Child growth and development from birth to six-years-old
- · Age appropriate meals, snacks, toys and games
- · What to do in case of a babysitting emergency
- Hollywood Market – Apples for the Students Rewards Program
NO CARD NECESSARY . . Families, friends and supporters simply tell the checkout cashier the name of the school they would like to support and their points are electronically credited to your school.
- Target – Take Charge of Education-This is linked to your Target Red Card or Target VISA Card. How do I designate a school? Visit www.target.com/tcoe and enter your school name or school ID to view and designate your current school.
- Office Depot - 5% Back to Schools Program. Give our school ID# every time you shop at Office Depot, www.officedepot.com and 1-800-GO-DEPOT ShrineAcademy #70052302 and ShrineHigh School #70052296
- Northwood Marketplace – Apples for the Students Rewards Program NO CARD NECESSARY . . Families, friends and supporters collect your receipts and simply drop them off or mail them to the High School Office, ATTN: Mothers Club (Apples for the Students Rewards Program).