High School Announcements for the
Week of August 18, 2014
Summer vacation is winding down! School will be starting soon. Welcome to all our new students and families. Welcome back to all our returning students and families. A newsletter and school picture order forms have been mailed home. A copy of the newsletter can be found here.Welcome Back to School Newsletter
Monday, August 25
- New Family “Welcome to Shrine” BBQ 5-7pm. The Spirit Shop will be open for business as well as the Used Uniform Sale. Want to volunteer to help at the BBQ night? Here’s a link to sign up BBQ Volunteer Sign up
Wednesday, August 27, Orientation Day
High School students should report to the Library in uniform. All students will receive their locker assignment, their student handbook/agenda and rotate through a shortened class schedule that day,
- Grade 9 8:00am to 11:00am
- Grade 10 11:30-12:30pm
- Grade 11 12:30-1:30pm
- Grade 12 1:30-2:30pm
Thursday, August 28
- High School Picture Day. New this year, students will use their Student ID Cards to purchase lunch in the cafeteria. So, it is very important that ALL students have their school picture ID taken. An order form has been mailed home. An additional copy of the order form is available here -Lifetouch Picture Order Form for 2014-2015
- Want to volunteer to help with Picture Day? Here’s a link to sign up for this and other Mother’s Club activities where you can volunteer to help out. Mothers Club Volunteer Sign Up
Friday, August 29- No School
Monday, September 1 – No School
Shrine Mother’s Club Newsletter August Mother’s Club Newsletter
Click here for a link to MBS Direct. For those students taking the new courses of Finance, Accounting or Marketing, the booklists have been updated. Check on the page “For High School Students” for the updated list.
We’ve heard from some of you looking for or wanting to sell textbooks. A Google document has been created that allows you to sell or browse for books. The school will have no part in collecting or distributing money or books, but wanted to provide a space for people to find additional resources for books. The link is also posted on the website on the FOR THE PARENTS and FOR THE STUDENTS LINKS.
***** Please remember that all students are required to have a current physical on file for the 2014-2015 school year. The physical must be dated after April 15, 2014 to be current for the 2014-2015 school year. Also, new students must fill out a concussion awareness form that the school is required to keep on file until the student is 25 years old.
High School students will have a new uniform option for next school year. The navy blue shirts are made of a soft polyester microfiber fabric that wicks moisture away, keeping our students comfortable and dry. They are also treated with an anti-microbial that will inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria. The shirts maybe ordered online at Schoolbelles.com or at their retail location on 12 Mile & Southfield Rd,Southfield. The light blue cotton polo shirt continues as a uniform option and will also be offered in the new microfiber fabric.The new shirts are $32 at Schoolbelles.
The deadline has been extended to August 13, midnight, to order the new polo shirt from our online spirit shop. Here’s the link: https://topcatteamsales.
Uniform shirt clarifications:
- Cotton LIGHT BLUE shirt can be purchased through Lands’ End or Schoolbelles.
- Microfiber LIGHT BLUE shirt can be purchased through Schoolbelles.
- Microfiber NAVY shirts can be purchased through Schoolbelles or Top Cat Sales.
Basic Calendar 2014-15
Shrine High School & Academy
- August 27th - First day of classes for students (Half day)
- August 28th - Full day of classes for students
- September 2nd – Classes resume
- November 26th – 30th – Thanksgiving
- December 20th – January 4th – Christmas Vacation
- January 5th – Classes resume
- January 14th, 15th, 16th – Mid Terms/ 1st Semester Finals
- February 20th – 23rd – Winter break
- April 2-12 – Easter Break
- June 8th, 9th, 10th – Finals
- Hollywood Market – Apples for the Students Rewards Program
NO CARD NECESSARY . . Families, friends and supporters simply tell the checkout cashier the name of the school they would like to support and their points are electronically credited to your school.
- Target – Take Charge of Education-This is linked to your Target Red Card or Target VISA Card. How do I designate a school? Visit www.target.com/tcoe and enter your school name or school ID to view and designate your current school.
- Office Depot - 5% Back to Schools Program. Give our school ID# every time you shop at Office Depot, www.officedepot.com and 1-800-GO-DEPOT ShrineAcademy #70052302 and ShrineHigh School #70052296
- Northwood Marketplace – Apples for the Students Rewards Program NO CARD NECESSARY . . Families, friends and supporters collect your receipts and simply drop them off or mail them to the High School Office, ATTN: Mothers Club (Apples for the Students Rewards Program).